We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and creative Food & Beverage Manager to join our dedicated team at Nusfjord Arctic Resort. Join us on the journey to develop our service establishments to new heights and create unforgettable experiences for our guests in our charming fishing village, Nusfjord.
Nusfjord Arctic Resort is located in one of Norway’s oldest and best-preserved fishing villages. Surrounded by beautiful nature, history, and great local ingredients, we want to further develop our concepts to new heights with an even greater focus on food and beverages.
As Food & Beverage Manager, you will be a central figure in development and management where food and serving are part of the guest experience. You will work closely with the team to develop menus based on the season and maintain and develop a positive relationship with both current and new suppliers.
You will act as a leader and source of inspiration for the team that works in your departments and be responsible for developing all aspects of food and beverages in our different venues. This includes Restaurant Karoline, Landhandelen, and Oriana Kro, as well as the gallery, the spa, and other venues where food and drink are a part of the guest experience.
We need someone with broad professional expertise within the food and beverage segment, strong communication skills, and an innovative thinker who likes to be close to the operation.
- Oversee all aspects of the operations for Restaurant Karoline, Landhandelen, Oriana Kro, the spa, the gallery, and other places where food and service is a part of the guest experience.
- Ensure that all employees in the different departments follow the company’s guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that food production and preservation of the destination’s history in relation to food production are taken care of.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with local suppliers to ensure the best quality products and services.
- Monitor stock levels in collaboration with department managers.
- Create and manage budgets for the departments.
- Ensure that all food offerings are of the highest quality and that the guest experience is always exceptional.
- Work closely with the team to develop menus that reflect the restaurant’s unique style and include local, seasonal produce.
- Monitor and manage guest feedback to continuously improve restaurant performance and reputation.
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations are followed and that operations are always in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to improve your restaurants’ offerings.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement new initiatives that improve the guest experience.
- Responsible for hiring the right people and building a solid team.
Areas of responsibility:
- Overall responsibility for the F&B operation at the destination.
- Develop and implement an F&B strategy aimed at improving the overall guest experience.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising the team of department managers, chefs, waiters, and other relevant personnel.
- Ensure that menus and special events are well-planned and coordinated at the destination.
- Monitor the budget and ensure a cost-effective operation of our locations.
- Collaborate with the other departments at the destination to improve the guest experience.
- Great commitment and interest in local food and beverage suppliers
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop your team.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies.
- Great communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other departments at the destination.
- Great financial understanding and experience in monitoring and managing budgets.
- The position is extensive but flexible; your departments have their own managers who form part of your team. You will manage your days according to the level of activity at the resort.
- The position is part of the management team and reports to the General Manager.